<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 07, 2006

City of Peterborough 2006 Internet Election

In a deeply misguided move, Peterborough Ontario will be providing Internet voting in the 2006 municipal election.

I quote:

Internet Voting = No long line-ups, no traffic, no bad weather days!

Hmm, my slogan would go more like:

Internet Voting = no proof that people have voted, no ballots you can recount, plus I can stand with a gun to your head as you vote!

Oh also, I can potentially easily tell who voted for whom even if I'm not watching you, thanks to the convenient online voter database that is needed.

http://www.peterboroughvotes.ca/

They will be using Dominion Voting Systems.

via Electronic voting in Canada
Comments:
I would add to the slogan "elections judges that watch surrealistic images", as it was demonstrated by Pr Andrew Appel (Princeton Univ.) in a recent Internet voting in France (also two other reports in French).

Pierre Muller, webmaster of http://www.recul-democratique.org
French citizens critical of e-voting.
 
Post a Comment

<- Older Posts - Newer Posts ->

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?