<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Twitter responses to Tony Clement on Internet voting

These are tweets I found by searching @tonyclement_mp on search.twitter.com, in reference to Minister Tony Clement tweeting about Internet voting ( http://twitter.com/TonyClement_MP/status/28473132792 ) - also see previous posting.

This is obviously not a scientific analysis or anything, just the results I could find categorized as best I can. I didn't include my own (@papervote) tweets.
One person both asked a question and was supportive of it as a way to increase participation.
Two questions were from the same person, so I only counted them once.

I have grouped into
* supporting / interested in Internet voting 5
* questioning / concerned about Internet voting 7
* retweets (either without comments or without any specific pro/con) 5
* other 1

Supporting



@TonyClement_MP hmm.. I wonder if I can too.. now that I've reviewed platforms and all the info is fresh in my mind..less than a minute ago via web



That's great! RT @TonyClement_MP Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very convenient. This Internet thing may catch onless than a minute ago via Twittelator



@TonyClement_MP sounds ideal. is it just your munic? if not, could you post a link? tx.less than a minute ago via web



@TonyClement_MP I think, that will make more people to perticipate in politic.less than a minute ago via web



Wish I could do that in TO.. RT @TonyClement_MP: Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very (cont) http://tl.gd/6kfp9sless than a minute ago via ÜberTwitter



Questioning



@TonyClement_MP Was this a secret ballot? Bell has permission to use DPI to look at your vote. #privacy #cdnpoliless than a minute ago via web



@TonyClement_MP how do they keep it anonymous, authenticated and auditable? Otherwise online voting sounds great!less than a minute ago via Twitter for iPhone



@TonyClement_MP hum. You may want to watch this before the next election you vote online.... http://gizmo.do/au570zless than a minute ago via TweetDeck



@TonyClement_MP How do you know your vote was counted? Is it possible for scrutineers to confidently say that all votes made through?less than a minute ago via web



Probably also very hackable. RT @TonyClement_MP: Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very convenient.less than a minute ago via TweetDeck



@TonyClement_MP Do you have a plan to make voting more convinient, fraud free and secure?less than a minute ago via web



@TonyClement_MP How was the secrecy of your ballot assured? Then: http://is.gd/gg1pC Post-Harper (or ...Now): http://is.gd/gg1t5less than a minute ago via web



@TonyClement_MP Few 'voters' have been party to court proceedings vs. Elections Canada. How was the secrecy of your ballot assured?less than a minute ago via web



Retweets



These are people retweeting Tony Clement, without indicating whether they are for or against Internet voting.

RT @TonyClement_MP: Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very convenient. This Internet thing may catch on...less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitter



internet is on the computer now! Haha RT @TonyClement_MP: voted in my municipal election online ... This Internet thing may catch on...less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitter



RT @tonyclement_mp: Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very convenient. This Internet thing may catch on...less than a minute ago via HootSuite



RT @TonyClement_MP: Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very convenient. This Internet thing may catch on...less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitter



Interesting... RT @TonyClement_MP: Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very convenient. This Internet thing may catch on...less than a minute ago via HootSuite



Other



Dare I ask: would you want online federal elections? RT @tonyclement_mp: Just voted in my municipality's election, online. Very convenient.less than a minute ago via HootSuite

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<- Older Posts - Newer Posts ->

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?